Describe something you will never fully understand.
Prompt: Something I think I will never be able to fully understand is the idea of someone having an opinion on a persons actions or body that isn't themselves. I believe that if it doesn't really effect you or how you live your life, or end up having a negative impact, you don't have the right to say to or not too. More specifically in our current society, what a woman can and cant do with her body and her health. A man should have no right to make a choice on what a woman decides to do, and no other woman should tell a woman what she can and cant do with her body to me. Yes, everyone deserves the right to express an opinion, but why take away one persons right to choice just because you feel or think differently? I believe that the whole purpose of American is freedom, it's the "land of the free" at the end of the day, so I truly do not understand why that is lacking in our current days.
Summary: Today in class, we went over claims, reasoning, and its format.
Reflection: In class, we went over the topic of using polite conversation like "How are you?" and "Nice to meet you!". We discussed and came up with a claim of how its value or purpose reasons with a community or culture. The most effective part of today was probably the ability to realize how my knowlegde can really support my sub claims when referring to reading, observations, or experience.
Comments
Post a Comment