As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?

 Prompt:As I get older and face new challenges, I think the issue I’ll have to stand up for the most is the importance of using my voice, no matter how old I am or who I’m talking to. Sometimes adults say they know best, but I’ve learned that it’s important to share my feelings and opinions, whether I’m with friends, family, or anyone else. It can be confusing when you’re encouraged to speak up but then get criticized for doing it, especially if you’re younger and its to an elder who's believed to "know more than you". I believe that despite your age, it doesn't matter whether what you feel/think is true or false, right or wrong, but that you feel/think it and that's more than enough reason to speak up.

Reflection: In class today, we learned about what an argument really is and consists of.

Summary: I learned about the different types of rhetroics when performing an argument. All arguments will consist of factual/logical information, credibility/trust, or feelings. This can help most when writing argumentive writings because know I know that an argument should include all these forms but focus mainly on one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Write about a conversation that changed you.

How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt?